Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Avatar vs. Street Fighter.

It fits here, so I'm posting it here:

I recently got into watching Avatar: The Last Airbender because of the film. I liked the movie when I first saw it, but I went into it without any knowledge of the animated series at all. After seeing it, I was interested enough to watch the animated series from the beginning, and I can see now why everyone disliked the movie version. I went and saw it again last night, and I liked it a lot less than the first time because of everything they changed and took out from the animated series. Which turned out to be a lot more than just changing the races of the main characters -- which was pretty shoddy to begin with.

But during the second season, there's a female bounty hunter character introduced pretty early on. Her second appearance later on in that episode she's arm wrestling a bunch of thugs for money.

One of those thugs turned out to be Ryu from Street Fighter fame. I got a huge kick out of that. Sure, his hair was a little different as he was sporting more of a Guile-esque look, but Ryu was in the show nevertheless.

I absolutely love stuff like this and it reminded me of the second Deadpool series from Marvel Comics, the first ongoing series they attempted with the character. It was pencilled by Ed McGuiness and in that first issue several Street Fighter characters make a half-appearance, including Ryu.

I'll see if I can document more stuff like this as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment