Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sweaty Joystick Knobs.

The days of going to the local arcade and sweating profusely as you got your ass whipped or did some ass whipping at whatever fighting game of preference are long done and over. The coming of the PlayStation, the XBox, the Dreamcast, and their sequel machines helped destroy the arcade scene here in the states.

But what they didn't do was kill the genre. After almost ten years of near stagnation (the only constants for the longest time seemed to be unfinished Mortal Kombat games and the Tekken series) we've got fighting games coming out left and right and I, for one, couldn't be any happier.

To celebrate the fighting game revival that began last year (thanks Capcom!), I've created this little blog to mix my passion for writing and my passion for all things fighting games. For the longest time I've wanted to keep a blog going, but I kept losing interest in whatever it was that I was trying to blog about. Thus I picked a topic I'm always excited about and I'll keep it going for as long as I can afford to play video games.

The sweaty joystick knobs are back, and while it may or may not be against someone you're standing (or sitting) next to, it can be done from home against someone half the world away.

Fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment